Good Morning Friends…hope your weekend was awesome. I heard some news this week that made me jump for joy! Don’t you love when good news makes you jump for joy?
Baby Pancakes’ birthday celebration is this weekend…and i have to admit…i haven’t done much in the way of planning. The magic is going to all happen between today and Friday but i know i will make it happen. It’s going to be blast regardless of how it turns out…that much i know. My niece and nephew are flying in for the party so that’s exciting too!
This morning i wanted to reflect a little bit on using WordPress. I am still learning about blogging and posting and social media and everyday my respect for people who understand computer language grows. There’s a lot of intricacies to blogging and really understanding the process. Sometimes, i like to think it just about writing and clicking publish….but there is so much more to the process that i have yet to learn. The good news is that i have a whole lifetime to understand the process of blogging. In the meantime, i wanted to share my experience since making my official jump to WordPress. There have been some good and some not so good about blogging on WordPress.
Here are my LIKES:
1) Easy to compose a post–i have been using the default font and i like it. It’s not like blogger where i was constantly switching to figure out how it was going to show up after publishing. Additionally, the layout is pretty easy and makes for easy writing. I am actually able to compose posts much quicker with WordPress than blogger.
2) Visiting Other Blogs–it’s so easy for me to click on someone’s blog from the comment section and visit. This function is so convenient that i think i am able to visit more blogs daily than before. Which is great because i love catching up with bloggers.
3) Replying to Comments–i hardly commented when using blogger and now i am constantly replying to readers when they comment. Which i think continues to build rapport and relationships with readers. Sometimes, you just want to interact with a reader and the reply function allows me to do this so quickly.
4) The features including linking my posts to twitter/facebook. I am sure blogger had this function too but i never figured it out.
Here my DISLIKES:
1) Spammers–they are still finding me. Although i can easily delete them. It just gets annoying after awhile.
2) Adding Videos–have no idea how to post a video. Blogger was so easy for me to add a video. I just haven’t had time to google this but does anyone know how to add video to posts on WordPress?
3) Adding Pictures–this is easy but i had that there isn’t a quick button to size the pictures. I had having to open up another window.
4) Adding links to the sidebar. Blogger was so much easier but i have yet to figure out how to do this.
5) There are too many features on my dashboard that i don’t know what it means or what it’s functions are including WP Socializer, Feedbacks, Slider PRO and the Jetpack. So many things i haven’t had time to learn and read more on.
So there are my likes and dislikes about WordPress. Overall, i am happy using WordPress and would highly recommend it to someone looking to switch. There are many things i am still learning but right now, i would give it two thumbs all the way up!
Question of the Day: If you’ve switched from blogger to wordpress, what’s been your experience? And if you haven’t switched, have you thought about it?