I wanted to do things a little differently this Friday because of the big game this weekend. Have you heard of it?
There are many aspects of Super Bowl week/weekend that are exciting.
What’s your favorite part of the Super Bowl?
1. The Commercials–i think the super bowl has become synonymous with funny and over the top commercials. Everyone wants to get on it. There was Oprah and Letterman one year. Betty White became a hot commodity when she was highlighted one year. And the E-trade baby and those Go-Daddy commercials. It’s definitely a huge money making venture for the network and the NFL. We all look forward to them and talk about them, sometimes the media talks about the commercials leading up to the game more than the game.
2. The Food–people go crazy with super bowl parties and there is food in abundance. The more, the merrier. Apparently there are more chicken wings and pizza sold during that one single day than any other day….insane.
3. Drinking–who can have a super bowl party without drinking? Whether it’s alcoholic and or soda…we are drinking it. And the beer commercials do not help either. Plus the only way to enjoy a game is to have a drink…there’s something relaxing about it especially if your team is on the losing end.
4. Friends/Family–the super bowl is like a mini family reunion/gathering. One of the best things about Super Bowl Sunday is that it brings people together. Most households are all engaged in a similar activity one day in February, which is a nice and warm feeling for humanity.
5. The Bets–oh you know betting happens. We always think our team is going to win. We are rooting for Seattle. My FIL is rooting for Denver. May the best team win but we all know we always think our team is going to win. I went into a pool at work…i hope i win something.
6. Halftime Show–this has also become a bigger than life deal. Beyonce performing last year was one of the most talked about moments of the whole experience last year. And then the Janet episode a few years back. And then Madonna dancing her heart out. I mean, the half-time show is huge. And i am super excited for Bruno Mars this year. I mean three years ago he was asking people to come see him at a small venue and this year he is performing at the Super Bowl…dreams do come true.
6. The Game–and of course, do you watch the Super Bowl for the actual game? When it’s all said and done, do you just want to see two good teams duke it out on the field?
Or perhaps do you enjoy Super Bowl week/weekend because of all the above…because i definitely couldn’t choose!! Happy Weekending Friends…