It’s the third installment of #ProjectMilf 2014!!
I successfully completed a month of taking away something negative from my daily activities.
So i am a little obsessed with celebrity gossip and if you ask me on a daily basis, i probably know EVERYTHING that was happening with whichever celebrity. For me it’s more the ability to participate in mindless activity during the day. I can flip through my phone and go to people.com and justjared.com several times a day and probably read the same news stories over and over again….and i say news very loosely.
As a goal for #ProjectMilf in March, i took away my want for celebrity news. And i am glad to report, i was successful. I didn’t sign onto the above websites at all during March. I did get a whiff of celebrity news on yahoo but i didn’t click onto them except for the one about Kimye’s Vogue article because i found it vaguely interesting enough to post about.
So my month off of celebrity news channels taught me this:
1. Celebrity news is NOT REAL NEWS 2. No time devoted to celebrity news outlets allows me time to actually read more interesting news articles about the world around me.
3. If i read it…i continue to support the media’s need for it.
4. It’s a time waster.
5. It’s a mind waster.
6. A photo of a celebrity pumping gas is not going to add any substance to my day/life.
7. My phone is for me than reading celebrity news.
8. I can actually sleep better.
Overall, i am glad i took away my want for celebrity news…i am a work in progress but this Deepak Chopra quotes spoke to me recently: “the real key is to live in an environment where the mind feels free to choose the right thing instead of being compelled to by habit and inertia to choose the wrong thing.” What i put in my mind is what’s going to come out of my mouth and actions. This exercise this month reminded me there are so many more things i can feed my mind. Things of substance and quality.
And now this: