It’s that time of month for me…where i celebrate my successes and achievements and disappointments. Being a Motivated Inspiring Leading Female is all about realizing when you need some support and extra energy from somewhere else.
This month i feel like i was able to get positive energy from different women in my life. I have not always been good at reaching out to others. I remember years ago when my grandfather passed and all my sister wanted to do was talk about all the memories of him, all i wanted to do was get off the phone and go wallow in my own depths of despair. She was reaching out to be closer to me in this sad time and all i wanted to do was get away from her. I am reminded of the importance of being vulnerable with other females. To be weak and strong at different times. To give of myself even when i don’t feel like it because it will make someone else feel better.
Being accountable to the strong females around me will only allow me to be more accountable to myself. Ad the more i think about accountability, i think there are several women in my life that help me remain accountable to certain areas of my life including: wellness, marriage, friendship, motherhood, sisterhood, family, womanhood, etc.
This month i want to celebrate these women.
1. Younger Sister: who reminds me that going after your dreams is paramount to a life lived well. That everyday life is and can be beautiful.
2. Older Sister: who reminds me daily that marriage is a beautiful institution almost thirty years after being with her husband. That you have to keep things spicy and new. And be your partner’s friend. Above all be true to yourself.
3. Dr. BFF: she more than anyone loves hard and deep and for that i am thankful. She keeps reminding me that i can learn to become a better friend. And that when friendships are not nurtured, there can be no growth and development.
4. Running Buddy: that life can and does begin at 40! She started running when she was 40 and has not looked back since. She is fit and strong and sexy. She is the God-fearing woman, wife, mother and boss i want to become.
5. Pegster: she reminded me this month that motherhood is a happy journey. She also reminds me to not take my husband for granted and to always surround yourself with family, love, laughter. And she is a woman after my own heart…capture every single moment.
6. Lady K: my former colleague who constantly reminds me to always serve your community and become your own boss!! And don’t forget to use your resources!
7. My Workout Partner: some people come into your lives and make you think about everything…and she is definitely one of those people. When we are working out, we are talking and challenging each other and growing spiritually and physically and for that i am thankful.
Doing this post was helpful because i am realizing the number of Motivated Inspiring Leading Females i have in my life and for whom i have to be accountable too and that’s refreshing and rewarding at the same time. I feel blessed and honored to know so many amazing women and to have them in my life every single day.
All these women force to me to want to do better!!