Happy Tuesday Friends….sometimes there is so much on your mind, you just need to reflect on all the things that are going through my mind so here goes:
1. It was wonderful yesterday to spend the day with family enjoying and celebrating all the families that put their lives on the line everyday to protect the rest of us. To be in the service is such a sacrificial thing…i can’t even imagine being that selfless! A few of my neighbors are service families and one of the pictures that stuck out for me was my neighbor’s flag flying high…not just on yesterday but every day and that’s wonderful to be part of.
2. It’s crazy what is going on in Houston…all the floods. I can’t even imagine. I am sending everyone there happy thoughts and quick recovery from all the floods….so scary.
3. My best friend is visiting Costa Rica and i am sooooooooooooooo wishing that i was with her. Who wouldn’t love a nice tropical vacation? I hope she is having a great time and i can’t wait to hear all about it when she returns!
4. I am so sad to see Married at First Sight come to an end today. I am hoping that ALL the couples stay together because i truly believed in all of them. Here’s to wishing that each couple finds love within their marriage. Marriage is hard but so worth it!!
5. My family and i have recently been watching DVD’s of Sanford and Sons and the show is hilarious. We are definitely taking it way back but even little man loves watching the episodes so much that he will say “one more” after the end of each one. I think he just likes the way Fred walks and is always dancing. And of course the “truck!” Little boys…it really is about the little things.
6. Three more weeks until Summer Break and i feel like i have been waiting for this moment forever. I am so thankful and filled with gratitude that i work within the school system because the breaks are so welcomed! And two months off is not always economically sound but of so worth it!!
7. I am a little obsessed with tennis and i am so excited for these next couple of months because we have the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open. So much tennis….yaaahhhh!! I am hoping that Serena wins all three grand slams so she can meet her goal of 22 and finally solidify her role as the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time), although she is already that role in my mind!
8. Who doesn’t love a short week…hope you enjoy your week as much as i know i will be!