(This post was started on 12/23/2014).
I spent the majority of this morning listening to Christmas and there is nothing to get me in the Christmas spirit than good music. Today was soulful Christmas music (Motown and the like) but i generally love all types of Christmas songs…i truly cannot discriminate against Christmas songs from Feliz Navidad to Silent Night…i love them all.
Here are my top five Christmas songs because all of them would just take too long.
1. Silent Night–any version of this song is good with me. There’s just something so magical about this song that i can listen to it over and over again. And it’s actually one of the only songs i can sing without completely butchering the lyrics.
2. All I Want For Christmas is You–it’s not Christmas unless i hear this song…it’s so weird but this is like my anthemn for the beginning of the season. And the fact that it’s featured in one of my favorite Christmas movies is even greater…”Love Actually.”
3. This Christmas–by Donny Hathaway…his voice was just amazing on this song. And it’s one of those i can listen to over and over!
4. The Little Drummer Boy–the edition by RuPaul is by far my favorite one. She does something with this song that i have never heard before and i always thought it was so creative.
5. What Child is This–any edition of this song is great too. And of course the sentiment behind it is great too for the season…the reason I celebrate after all.
I hope you are enjoying your Christmas morning with some music, family, joy and lots and lots of cheers!!