This is a post about more reasons why i LOVE my son.
I can’t believe Baby Pancakes is seventeen months today. Where is the time going? What happened to my little baby who is now turning into a little boy? The whole development of Baby Pancakes is a great process to watch.
Being a parent is definitely one of the most rewarding and challenging experiences of my life. I was never one to want a house filled with children and after Baby Pancakes…i want more children but definitely NOT a whole house. Maybe God willing one more…if Mr. Pancakes had his way, we would just be one and done. That debate still goes on in the Pancakes household.
My son has a strong personality with a mind of his own. We are raising an independent and strong willed child who is smart, loving and caring. Some days are challenging because he runs circles around us (literally) but most days are rewarding and fun because he is just the best little person ever.
Every so often, i like to talk about reasons why i love Baby Pancakes and today is one of them as we celebrate seventeen months.
- He loves his mommy and daddy.
- He is attempting to use more words (can’t wait o hear him talking)–“tuchdah!!!!” (touchdown is his favorite word).
- Most of his teeth are coming in…it’s been a while since his first tooth!!
- He gives the best hugs and kisses…he even blows kisses when he is saying “bye.”
- He loves skyping with random family members (but calling his aunt/cousins are his favorite)
- He copies me when i sneeze…he will reach for a Kleenex and gesture to blow his nose. It’s sad…clearly i blow my nose too often.
- He will mimic EVERYTHING we do…after watching a kung fu movie with his dad, he was doing high knee kicks…i was like “what is he doing?”
- He stretches…he will stretches his arms to the side and over his head. I mean it’s just the cutest thing ever!!! Good thing we are practicing good habits.
- He doesn’t listen to me at all…although i know he hears and understands exactly what i am telling him. When i say “no”, he does the “no”. I know he is just 18months but i know he knows better.
- He loves his vitamins and will ask for it every morning. Sometimes more than once a day.
- He says “Ama” (amen) after we pray.
- He likes to draw and write on himself…thank God for washable crayola markers.
- He likes to make a mess of the living room, kitchen, bedrooms….everywhere. We don’t live in the biggest apartment ever but his toys and stuff are everywhere. Every night…i have to clean up just so my husband can come home to a clean house and i can wake up to a clean one.
- He knows how to turn off the DVD/TV. In the middle of watching a show….he will just go and turn if off just because he doesn’t want to watch anymore.
- He has the cutest and softest cheeks ever.
- He plays baseball and football in our living room.
- He loves to read.
- He is energetic and fun.
- He fake laughs…and slaps the floor (he is hilarious my son).
- He has the best smile ever!!!
He is just the best little boy ever. And we grow madly in love with him every single second.